Blackspot & Green Growth Remover - Buy Now
NCC Blackspot & Green Growth Remover is ideal for cleaning all types of external natural stone, reconstituted stone, clay bricks & tiles, ceramic (including porcelain) and concrete block paved surfaces. The viscous formula of NCC Blackspot & Green Growth Remover clings to the surface contaminants without attacking the substrate. This effectively allows cleaning and removal of green growths and dirt including the stubborn dark deposits caused by plants and leaf stains and the otherwise resilient blackspot deposits largely caused by lichens and their spores with bacterial action. This achieves a deep and very thorough cleaning action, allowing dirt and organic growths to be easily removed by water jet and rinsing with clean water, but without destroying the colour and texture of your stone - always test on a small inconspicuous area first of course. This treatment has a very significant results that also helps to restore stone and other hard landscaping and mineral surfaces on walls.
A bonus effect is that NCC Green Growth Remover therefore also facilitates the cleaning and removal of dirt and grime, as well as the often stubborn, green and dark staining deposits from other plants and their leaves, including the common problem s with grass staining after over-ambitious mowing!. This strong surface cleansing action also helps to visually improve and restore the appearance of your stone and other hard landscaping surfaces.
Characteristics / Advantages
- Supplied ready-to-use
- Water dispersed – Solvent free
- Environmentally sustainable
- Generally effective in just one hour, repeat if required
- Double-action – kills green growth and helps to loosen and remove grime
- Kills all fungal, algal and lichen growths
- Suitable for use before all NCC Paving Sealers
Application - Directions for use:
- Prior to treatment with NCC Green Growth Remover, any loose leaves, dust and built-up dirt and debris must be removed e.g. by thorough sweeping, and the paving surfaces must be completely dry before application.
- Always shake well before use. For smaller areas, carefully pour a small quantity of Green Growth Remover as supplied, directly onto the paving surfaces and spread out evenly using a sponge and / or a suitable stiff brush, working it around on the surface. For larger areas, a low-pressure garden sprayer can also be used to apply / deliver the product onto the surfaces, where it should still be 'worked' into the surface with suitable brushes. Once applied and worked into the surfaces, leave the Green Growth Remover to act on the surfaces for a minimum of 1 hour.
- After minimum 1 hour waiting time, (good excuse for a tea break!), spray or pour a little clean water over the surface in sections and agitate again with a suitable stiff bristle brush or bespoke scarifying pad to help release the growths and grime. Do not allow areas to dry out completely during this process and finally rinse the surfaces thoroughly with lots of clean water using a suitable hose and nozzle, or power / jet washer. Sometimes deep and stubborn stains may remain and require longer for the NCC Green Growth Remover to work and remove them. In stubborn situations you can repeat the process and if necessary, the NCC Green Growth Remover can be reapplied, worked into the surface and left to act on the surfaces overnight. Alternatively, if some residual stains remain after this additional treatment, they will often fade and disappear after a few days, but If not then it is unlikely these stains are organic plant life and we would suggest the use of NCC Grime Remover – Heavy Duty in order to remove these stubborn stains.
Consumption: Approximately 3 to 10 m2 per litre, according to the level of green growth, the surface porosity and the number of applications required.
Important Notes: Whilst the NCC Green Growth Remover can be used on all types of natural and reconstituted / concrete paving, we always suggest a test on a limited and inconspicuous area before the overall application, especially on deeply coloured stone and known sensitive surfaces.
- Do not use in temperatures under 5°C or over 25°C. Clean application tools and equipment with water after use.
Health & Safety Advice: This product contains bleach as well as anionic and non-ionic surfactants, so these can cause severe skin burns and eye damage and are very toxic to aquatic life. Wear suitable PPE including protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. If NCC Green Growth Remover is spilled or splashed on the skin or hair - immediately take off and remove all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin thoroughly with clean water. Please refer to the specific product MSDS that is available to view and/or download from this page and this should always be available on site for any commercial use.
Keep all pets away from the area during the whole treatment process from initial application to complete drying.
Additional Protective Surface Treatment: After using NCC Green Growth Remover, your newly cleaned paving surfaces represent a golden opportunity to protect these and increase their resistance against future green growths and / or dirt pick-up. This can be achieved after cleaning by impregnating and / or sealing the surfaces with Remmers Impregnation BFA, GftK’s vdw 950 3-in-1, NCC Stone Sealer, or NCC Stone Sealer & Enhancer. The use of one or a combination of these sealing solutions will prevent moisture ingress into the surfaces, which will therefore also prevent the ingress of moisture carried dirt and organic materials into the surfaces, thereby significantly reducing any future green growths and dirt or grime build-up. In turn this also makes the surfaces much easier to clean in future.
If you need further advice or assistance check out the additional information on the pages of this website, plus you can call our team for specific advice on your project during normal office hours on 01257 266696 – Alternatively, you can email us at any time to email@example.com and we will get back to you just as soon as possible, you can attach pictures if you think these might explain your project more fully to us, so that we can give you the best advice.