GftK Paving Joint Technologies and Products - Online Shop
Key Criteria for Paving Joint Mortars and Paving Grouts
The Key Criteria for the selection of the right Paving Jointing Mortar / Paving Grout for a project must be defined and detailed / specified as soon as possible to avoid future problems in application (e.g. with delays due to wet weather), or eventual disappointment will follow in the paving performance and its durability (e.g. with damage from cement cracking , frost, burrowing insects or weed growth etc.).
The most appropriate Paving Jointing Mortar or Paving Pointing or Paving Grout, as they are also sometimes known, should be selected according to:
The Type of Paved Area i.e. Patios & Paved Pathways, Paved Driveways & Car or Truck Parking Areas, Paving around Commercial Developments, Town Centre Pavements & Street / Highway Paving works, Heritage & Historic Paving Areas
- The Paved Area’s Traffic Exposure e.g. Pedestrian, Light Vehicular, Frequent Vehicular, or subject to Heavy Goods Vehicles & Commercial Traffic.
- The Paved Area's Environmental Exposure e.g. Cleaning with Mechanical Street Cleaning machines, high pressure water jetting, the use of de-icing salts, boring insect and weed growth prevention.
- The Application Conditions i.e. Weather conditions (wet or dry?), residual moisture conditions (possibility of water in the joints?), temperature and variations (high or low?), Method of Application (trowel or slurry?), dust and dusting restrictions, waste run-off restrictions (preventing entry to drainage system etc.)
- The Size and Type of Paving e.g. Small Format Paving, which is regarded as joint dependent - Such as stone setts, cobbles and blocks; or Large Format Paving, which is regarded as bedding dependent - Such as stone slabs and flags, plus the units surface profile and ease of cleaning and any sensitivity to grout staining.
- The Specific Joint Dimensions i.e. the Joint Depth and also very importantly the Joint Width, together with the variation of these across the paving.
- Any other relevant local requirements i.e. Closure time available and the finished mortar permeability, which is normally assessed in terms of litres per square metre per hour (l/m2/hr) as may be required for local SUDS regulations. The Jointing material colour matching / contrast and consistency required etc.
Paving Jointing Mortar / Paving Grout Selection Guide
|Paving Jointing Products||vdw Paving Jointing mortars|
|Exposure / Application||800||815||840||850||855|
|Full Mechanical Road Sweeper / Cleaner Resistance|
|Full De-icing Salt Resistance|
|No Weeds or Boring Insects|
|Slurry Application by Squeegee|
|Working in Wet Weather|
|Working in Low Temperature (+3°C)|
We have produced this Selection Guide in the table below as a guide to the most suitable Pavement Jointing Products for your project.
For detailed information and consumption requirements on each of the individual products, please follow the links at the bottom of the table on the right to the individual GftK Paving Jointing Mortar Product Data Sheets, which are available to view or download in PDF format, as are the product Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). On this page we have added some videos showing the appropriate mixing and installation method for some of the materials (vdw 800, vdw 815, vdw 840plus and vdw 850 as examples).
Paving Joint ProductsGftK vdw 800 GftK vdw 815plus GftK vdw 840plus GftK vdw 850plus GftK vdw 855
GftK Paving Joint Product Case Studies
To review some ‘real life’ examples of Patio, Driveway, Streetworks, Commercial and Historic Pavement Jointing Case Studies around the UK, please follow this link to our Case Studies page, where you can view or download examples of recent paving jointing projects completed by our customers in PDF format. Some of these 'real life' projects are also featured here on the Case Studies page to show the products before, during and after their installation.
NCC Streetscape provide full technical assistance and FREE on-site support is also available, together with outstanding customer service, for all of our different types of customers and their professional advisors with our complete hard landscaping range of Paving Jointing Mortars , Paving Cleaners, Paving Sealers, Jointing Sand Stabilisers and Additional Specialist Chemical Products for Hard Landscaping works.
For more advice or assistance with your specific project including selecting the right jointing product, the estimated consumption, and the estimated time required for application, plus any other aspect of paving jointing, grouting, pointing or repointing, please call 01257 266696 or email email@example.com for FREE Expert Advice.